Blastcamp: Safe, Fair & Fun
Avoid Injuries by Following a Few Simple Safety Rules
Is Paintball Safe?
Most reports have documented for years that paintball is one of the safest outdoor sports you can play. At Blastcamp, we’ve led the way with safety for over 20 years and have instituted policies to ensure your day is the safest it can be.
During our 31 years in business, our refs—who are paintballers themselves—have seen it all and dealt with all types of personalities. They know the games inside and out and they’re trained to customize each experience to the group they have.
We know that there are different levels of “extreme play”. Whether you’re a first time player or an experienced team we accommodate you by knowing our customer and applying our “Different Games for Different Groups” philosophy.
Our referees come together several times a year to discuss trends, safety, and new policies and procedures. We also have head referees that attend CPR and safety training courses at the American Red Cross.
We regulate how fast and how many balls per second the guns can shoot. Our rental equipment is maintained by an on-site, full time staff.
We are one of the only fields to have a specific set of “kids rules” for ages 10-13. These rules go beyond the standard set of rules most insurance companies require. Below is our list of standard and kids rules that are to be followed when you come out and play at Blastcamp.
- AGE AND WAIVERS. All players must be 10 years of age or older, sign a waiver and return it to our registration area before playing. Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian’s signature.
- AUTHORIZED SAFETY GOGGLES AND MASKS ARE TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE FIELD OF PLAY. When you are shot in the field of play, your mask must cover your face until you return to the registration area. Only full face, paintball approved goggles may be used. Players must report any cracks or malfunctions to a ref immediately. If your goggles become fogged or covered with paint, call for a referee. Again DO NOT REMOVE YOUR GOGGLES FOR ANY REASON. DOING SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR EJECTION FOR THE DAY.
- NO SHOOTING INTO OR OUT OF THE REGISTRATION AREA OR PARKING LOT.
- HAND GRENADES, EXPLOSIVE DEVICES OR WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT ALLOWED AT BLASTCAMP. Only “cold burning” smoke grenades are allowed.
- BARREL COVERS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES WHEN NOT ON FIELD OF PLAY. Only products manufactured to be barrel covers may be used. Squeegees, gloves or barrel plugs may not be used as barrel blocking devices.
- PLAYERS RENTING EQUIPMENT FROM BLASTCAMP ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT EQUIPMENT. This includes replacement costs for missing barrel covers or broken gear. Blastcamp is not responsible for customer gear. Lockers are available at your request.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE ANY COMPONENTS FROM RENTAL MARKER. If you need any assistance with your rental marker please ask a referee.
- CALL HITS. If you have been hit by a paintball and it breaks, call “HIT” loudly and raise your arm. Once you call hit you are out even if the ball doesn’t break. If you’re not sure if the ball broke call for a “Paint Check” from the referee. Splatters do not count but hits to your gun or ammo pouch do.
- NO BLIND FIRING OR OVERSHOOTING – Players must be looking at their targets. Once a player is shot no additional shots should be taken at him/ her. Players should avoid shooting at the head and neck if possible.
- NO RUNNING INTO OR THROUGH THE BUILDINGS. The floors are often slippery.
- NO CLIMBING OF TREES, RADAR TOWERS OR ANY STRUCTURES. Players are not allowed to climb through or stick their heads through any windows. Do not move, damage or create any structure. Do not jump over any structure or bushes.
- PLAYERS SHOULD WEAR ADEQUATE CLOTHING INCLUDING PERSONAL PROTECTION.
- NO VERBAL ABUSE, PROFANITY, NAME CALLING, OR SLURS AGAINST ANYONE’S RACE, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, PARENTS, GIRLFRIEND, OR BOYFRIEND. No physical contact of any sort is allowed. Any fighting will result in police action.
- BE AWARE OF FIELD HAZARDS SUCH AS HOLES, RUTS, SLIPPERY FLOORS, POISON IVY, BRANCHES, THORNS, TICKS, ETC. DO NOT TAKE YOUR FOOTING FOR GRANTED.
- PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT AT ANY ANIMALS OR ANYONE WEARING ORANGE.
- ONLY FIELD PAINT IS ALLOWED AT BLASTCAMP. Please do not bring any non-field paint into the park.
- ALCOHOL AND NARCOTICS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT BLASTCAMP. Any player found to be under the influence will be asked to leave.
- PLEASE KEEP THE AREA CLEAN AND USE THE TRASH CANS.
- REFEREE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Players are not allowed to argue with the referee. Any calls may be discussed AFTER the game has ended.
CHILD SAFETY RULES
All players between the ages of 10-13 will adhere to the following set of regulations in addition to Blastcamp standard rules.
- APPROPRIATE DRESS – no exposed skin allowed including shorts and short sleeved shirts. Long sleeve jackets are available by request. Chest protectors are available for $5.
- RULE OF ENGAGEMENT – no player shall engage a child within 10 feet. When within 10 feet, attacker must yell “surrender”, at that time player is considered eliminated and is out of the game.
- FIRING MODES – When children are present no full auto allowed. Players must be in semi-auto mode and Rate of Fire must not exceed 10 balls per second.
- MARKER VELOCITY – When a majority of the group is children, the velocity limit must be 250 feet per second.
- GAME ENVIRONMENT – Games must be structured as to adhere to the 10 foot engagement rule (i.e. no close quarter battles).